Midas XCI 50U Tank - Data Center Immersion Cooling
Midas XCI™ Immersion cooling technology allows you to maximize server density and power efficiency while minimizing physical footprint.
Midas XCI™ is designed to handle the high heat loads generated by today's data center hardware. A standard installation enables each tank to handle 50kW of heat dissipation with the ability to expand up to 200kW to protect and prolong your investment. Midas XCI™ tanks run independent of each other and can be individually managed and configured. For large installations, monitoring and management is easily accomplished with data center infrastructure management (DCIM) systems.
Midas XCI™ was designed for use in data centers with the feedback and input from actual data center owners and operators. Midas XCI™ easily outshines the competition with abundant features and capabilities:
- Server Support- Standard configurations support 19-inch rack-mountable servers in 50U. For wider server configurations, see our Open Compute configuration.
- Storage Compatibility - Utilizing HGST and Seagate's helium technology for traditional SATA and SAS storage, you can easily expand your server storage with disk options up to 10TB in size. Need performance? Midas XCI™ also supports solid-state storage devices. Midas has extensively tested leading SSD options from major vendors like Intel®, Samsung™, SanDisk®, Crucial™, Kingston® and more.
- Network and Power Distribution - Network and power distribution is integrated into Midas XCI™ with 16U of dedicated space for patch panels, PDUs and networking equipment.
- Cooling - Hardware is kept cool with XCI™ Coolant. Formulated to enhance materials compatibility, XCI™ Coolant is over 1500 times more efficient at removing heat when compared to air. With the cooling efficiencies, Midas XCI™ will allow you to utilize 100% of available server space.
- Redundancy - Fully redundant, hot-swappable cooling modules provide the security needed for the most mission critical environments.
- Management, Visualization and DCIM - Management and data visualization are integral to data center operations, Midas XCI™ ships with Modius OpenData®, a highly scalable DCIM platform. Midas XCI™ can be monitored and managed by any DCIM solution with SNMP support.
- Power Savings - Cooling systems can represent more than half of a typical data center's total energy consumption and consequently represents a significant percentage of its operating costs. Midas XCI™ can cut your cooling costs by up to 90%.
- Vendor Support - Major OEM vendors like Dell, Super Micro and others offer support immersion cooling.
- Exceptional Reliability - Midas XCI™ comes standard with fully redundant management and cooling systems, affording you the highest reliability and ease of maintenance. Midas XCI™ eliminates some of the most common data center problems:
- Temperature swings
- Server fan failures
- Air quality
- Limited IT load capacity
- Capital Expense - With no need for air conditioning or raised floors, build out costs are reduced.
- Operating Expense - High efficiency allows Midas XCI™ to dramatically lower operating expenditures and boost your bottom line.
- Flexibility - Data centers can be built in non-traditional facilities, including highly mobile containers.
Midas XCI™ is available in Open Compute compatible configurations with support for Open Rack hardware. Contact our sales team
to find out more.
Still have questions? Would you like more information? Contact Sales.